Languages: English: Native Speaker
Nationality: South African
California Coast University. (USA)
M.Ed (Administration) completed my Masters in Education (Graduated cum laude)
Ashworth College: Atlanta Georgia. USA
I have completed a Bachelor of Science in Marketing. From 2011 January -2014 May
- Project management,
- Marketing management
- Marketing research
- I have completed a 120 hour TEFL course.
- I have completed a course in teaching IELETS AND TOEFL.
- I completed a certificate in teaching Business English.
- I also completed a Certificate in teaching Hotel and Resort English. January 2012-December 2012
Computer literacy: Have taught using smart-boards. Microsoft Excel, power point, Access, Publisher Outlook
Interests: Travel, sport, reading and keeping active
Leadership and Managerial experience
- I have been the academic manager at American Eagle kindergarten from July 2016-Present. I am in charge of ensuring the program and the standards of teaching within the school are upheld.
- I am responsible for evaluating and training the teachers.
- I am responsible for calculating the teachers’ salaries.
- I am also responsible for planning and delegating all of the schools events.
- I have wrote some extensive articles for ESL China which is a website for teachers in China
- I believe that studying my masters’ degree in education has helped give me greater insight as to what is required to be an effective teacher manager.
Career profile and objectives:
I enjoy being challenged and working with people. I believe I work well with people and can relate to their needs. I deal well with stressful situations and always take great pride in my work as it is a reflection of me. The values of respect, tolerance, balance, integrity and responsibility reflect in everything I do.
American Eagle kindergarten (Chengdu, Sichuan, China) (July 2016- Present) Position Held- Academic Manager
Ronghuai International School (Zhuji, Zhejiang, China). (June 2015- June 2016).
- Teaching English and Math to Primary school students.
- I prepare lesson plans
- I was once a week teaching the AP literature High school class.
- I had to create and design creative ways to make the math teaching relevant and keep the students interested.
Web International School (Cixi, Zhejiang, China). (June 2015-July 2016)
- Was given permission by my above mentioned employers (Ronghuai International School) to seek part-time employment.
- Was employed as an ESL instructor
- I taught all of the IELTS and TOEFL students.
- Taught the English Corner
- A notable success was a student that on his first attempt achieved a score of 5 on his IELTS and with my help he was able to then achieve a 7.5 on his second test
Shanxi Modern Bilingual School (Taiyuan, Shanxi, China). (December 2014- June 2015).
- Was employed as an ESL instructor to middle school students.
- Was responsible for creating and implementing my own curriculum.
- Had to teach very large classes (50 students per class).
- Experimented and developed some new teaching methods that were age and level appropriate.
Shane English School (Dongying, China). (December 2013-December 2014)
- Held the position of ESL instructor to students aged; 6-13 years old.
- I prepared lesson plans
- I found new innovative and creative methods to get the students involved in the lessons using song, dance, and games.
- I occasionally was asked to lead some teacher training workshops were I would present some teaching methods and new games to the new teachers.
Loreto School Queenswood. (Pretoria, South Africa). (May 2013- Dec 2013).
- Was employed as an IT educator for middle school students.
- Taught the students how to use office.
- Taught the students how to create presentations
DTLC (Haiphong, Vietnam) (September 2012-May 2013)
- Was employed as an ESL teacher to middle school and high school students.
- Was responsible for developing and implementing the curriculum that the students would use.
- Had to create my own lesson plans
- Had to teach very large classes (50 students)
Doris Kung: Principal American Eagle Kindergarten (Chengdu)
Teresa: Foreign relations officer: Ronghaui International School (152-57571083)
Roger: Web International (Foreign relations officer)
Mary: DTLC, HaiPhong Vietnam: Previous employer
（+84） 313 785 434
- Computer Science Teaching
- English Teaching
- Math Teaching
- School Management
- Teacher Training