University of Minnesota – Minneapolis, MN USA
College of Liberal Arts
Bachelor of Arts in English / Minor in American Indian Studies: Degree obtained – December 2007
University of Hawaii – Hilo, HI USA
College of Liberal Arts
National Student Exchange: August 2006 – December 2006
TEFL Certification – BridgeTEFL
Languages/ Technical Skills
Swedish – Conversational
Spanish – Beginner
Folkuniveristy/ Pensionersuniversity – Lund/ Malmö, Sweden
September 2011 – June 2014
English Teacher/ Circle Leader
- Taught English as a second language to students ranging from those just beginning to learn the language (A1) to advanced students (C1), including children, adults, and pensioners.
- Taught using a student-centered approach, creating confident, independent learners. Students were from many different countries/cultural backgrounds in both open courses and in private lessons, including a blind student.
- Attended seminars offered by guest lecturers from England, learning new teaching strategies, and finding valuable technological resources to use in the classroom.
- Prepared Masters and Doctorate students, as well as researching professors for the TOEFL and IELTS entry exams, which are required to attend Lund University, subsequently leading to their passing the exam, and completing their degrees.
- Worked in cooperation with Sony to improve English skills for their international employees focusing exclusively on the acquisition of business and economics language skills, and their professional application.
- Planned and created relevant course materials including tests, quizzes, and daily work.
- Evaluated students’ performance, and met one-on-one to discuss their progress and needs.
- Taught lessons to students requiring more time for free at the public library on my free time.
*Gap in employment due to Swedish permanent residency application process
Nanyang Institute of Technology – Nanyang, Henan, China
March 2010 – January 2011
Lecturer in Business English at the College of International Education
- Created course materials such as lesson plans, quizzes, and exams to teach a variety of curriculum to over 200 first and second year International Business students, finding creative new ways to help students improve their spoken English which increased their confidence and capability with the language.
- Organized lessons outside of class for advanced students who were interested in further learning.
- Taught classes using a variety of computer technology including an interactive Smartboard, and programs such as Microsoft Powerpoint making classes fun for visual and interactive learners
- Graded students based on evaluations of their test scores based on standard evaluation.
- Made lots of friends by participating in extra-curricular activities suggested by the Director of my department, including an inter-departmental staff basketball tournament, being a panelist for numerous student talent shows, and judging an inner-city youth speech tournament.
- Tutored Chinese staff’s children (ages 6-8) for free on weekends.
LCI Academy – Incheon, South Korea
August 2009 – October 2009
Children’s English Teacher
- Taught subjects such as math, science, reading, and writing in English to children between the ages of 4-8 using standard text books, tests and quizzes provided by the school.
- Learned to manage the school’s complex data entry system using my skills in Excel.
- Taught children between the ages of seven and twelve at three different levels setting goals for achievement and classroom conduct.
- Met with students’ parents to discuss their progress.
Minnesota State Writing Assessment
Scored within the top 99th percentile out of over 20,000 writers on the Minnesota State Standardized Writing Assessment Test.
National Forensic League
Two-time competitive speech finalist in Humorous Interpretation
220 02 Lund, Sweden
+46 046 19 77 00
Lund Pensioners University
Warholms Vägen 6C
22465 Lund, Sweden
+46 046-25 61 37
Foreign Affairs Official
Nanyang Institute of Technology
80 Changjiang Road
Nanyang, Henan, China 473004
Director of Physics
Wuhan University of Technology
205 Luoshi Road, Wuhan, Hubei Province, P.R.China
- Business English Teaching
- English Teaching
- ESL Teaching