To work in a professional and well managed educational centre. Ultimately, I want to find a place of work that offers long term contracts and stability, with the realistic chance of moving up the ranks within the school. To be afforded the chance to impart my knowledge both in new and traditional methods of teaching language.
Senior Foreign D.O.S
Pattinson Education Group (China)
- Managed a team of 15 teachers from various background and levels of expertise.
- My main responsibilities involved teaching IELTS & TOEFL for both the speaking and writing modules and teacher Training seminars and workshops for local teachers.
- Co-ordinated daily English corners for both adults and children.
- Designed and implemented a weekly western culture workshop for students going abroad for study.
- Designed and conducted and online (distance learning) curriculums for primary and middle school students.
- Other duties included placement testing, cooking classes and extra curriculum activities and outdoor excursions.
Apr 2011 – Feb 2015
World Life Centre (China)
- I spent 4 years with my ex-wife, running a cultural centre called World Life Centre.
- It was a place of learning, but with a very different classroom setting. Will supply more details if required.
- My long term goal is to sell this educational platform to a larger educational group or company.
- Recruited foreign teachers and helped supply local private and state schools with teachers.
- Worked closely with the local education bureau to establish links to universities all over the world to form co operations and exchange programs.
Sep 2010 – Mar 2015
British Council (China)
- Travelled to different cities (Harbin, Changchun, Shenyang, Beijing and
- Jan 2009 – Jan 2010
- Jan 2007 – Dec 2008
- Sep 2005 – Dec 2006
- Sep 2004 – August 2005
- Feb 2002 – July 2004
- 2001 – Manchester University
- Suzhou in China) and held oral examinations on behalf of the British Council and Cambridge ESOL examinations.
- I was also a test marker for the written module of the test.
Jan 2009 – Jan 2010
Business English lecturer
- I have run several different courses and programs at these two companies assisting in English language learning for both Europeans and locals.
- I completed a 12 month “Business & International Culture” program on behalf of the German Chamber of Commerce at AUDI.
Jan 2007 – Dec 2008
Foreign Teachers Manager
Rise Immersion English (China)
- Duties included teacher training (both Chinese and foreign teachers), class and teacher scheduling, teacher assessments, including lesson plan reviews, formatting of examinations and the planning of extra curricular events and activities.
Sep 2005 – Dec 2006
The Foreign Languages High School (China)
- ESL instructor – teaching students English comparable to components found on the IELTS and TOEFL tests.
Sep 2004 – August 2005
Private tutor (Spain)
- Taught various levels and ages at my home or at their home.
- Teaching materials included current ESL programs published by cambridge university press and Oxford university press.
Feb 2002 – July 2004
U.N volunteer (Thailand)
- Helped in organising 32000 refugees from Burma settled in Thailand be relocated in America
Karen Li – director of studies (fls)
Richard Roman – academic director (British Council)
Rebecca shu – Pattison English
Master in Education
Curriculum and Teaching
Excelled in the area to advance knowledge of, and professional practice in, teaching and learning. Coursework generally focuses on teaching, public service, and scholarship. Often at this level, i found myself participating in educational research.
4 year degree, but actually only spent 3 years at University due to the fact that the 3rd year was spent out in the field. My year was primarily involved with assisting the local social security office
Celta & TEFL
English language teaching certificate
Undertook an online course originally, and then progressed to classroom and actual hands on teaching experience
While at high school i represented my county at rugby. I also played cricket and swam for my borough where i lived. Built a social website for expats in China. Editor for a local expat magazine drawing funding from the local government. Builts several houses over the years for my parents. I like to read and listen to music
- Teacher Management