ESL Teacher who knows how to utilize resources to enhance students’ knowledge through thoughtful and resonant teaching methods with the ability to engage up to 35 students by adapting various strategies to fit students’ specific needs.
Rennert – Manhattan, NY – July 2013 to August 2013
- Contributed to the curriculum for the Plus Elective through strategic dialogue and the understanding of students’ needs.
- Empowered students through exercises which enhanced autonomy while incorporating audio, visual and tactile methods to improve English proficiency.
- Mitigated relations amongst students while facilitating cultural tolerance.
- Administered and verified results of students’ evaluations and tests.
- Actively participated in weekly meetings with colleagues to strategize various methodologies to broaden students’ comprehension and overall student retention rate.
New York Language Center – Bronx, NY – July 2002 to April 2012
- Systematized lesson plans for all levels of classes.
- Amended and corrected errors in books and created proof reading material.
- Initiated, facilitated, and moderated classroom discussions.
- Evaluated and graded students’ class work, assignments, and papers.
- Prepared curriculum and course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Assisted students with their coursework outside of class and liaised with the library to assist with their literacy.
MS/credits in Teaching English as a Second Language
Hunter college – New York, NY
2006 to 2008
Teaching English a Second Language
Lado Institute – Washington, DC
January 2001 to June 2001
MA in Management
Manhattanville College – Purchase, NY
1998 to 2001
Beginner Sign Language/Proof Reader/Tutor
June 2002 to Present
Methodology of Robert Lado with a combination of communicative techniques to facilitate F2 learning. (TEFL
TESOL Adult Career BPSS
March 2013 to March 2019
Certificate in Early childhood ED
City Tech 2014
- Adult ESL Teaching
- Early Education Teaching
- ESL Teaching