Marital Status: Single
Visa: Residence Permit [12 July 2016]
Zhuhai, China 519000
FEC: Available for IMMEDIATE Transfer
Advanced TESOL Program [120 hours] Certificate
TESOL Training International, San Diego, California, July 2014
Advanced certificates: Teaching TOEFL, Teaching Business English
Masters of Art Education — Major: Educational Technology
San Diego State University, San Diego, California, June 2006
Bachelor of Science — Major: Computer Science
Pennsylvania State University, State College, Pennsylvania, May 1980
• Creating a classroom experience that engages students as active participants in the learning process and engages my passion to make a difference through my students’ as their ESL teacher.
- Two years’ experience teaching secondary, middle and elementary school children in a China.
- Engage students in creative classroom activities, group and individual projects, and educational games.
- Creative social studies lessons using role play, original source documents, and group activities in US and World History
- Create effective training materials for sales staff (retail/branch and pharmaceutical) that improve selling skills, increase product knowledge, and ensure compliance with regulatory agencies (e.g. Kaiser Permanente, Abbot Labs).
- Analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate online learning, role-based training curriculum, and interactive classroom training projects that follow sound instructional and adult learning principles (e.g. Bank of America, Corning, McGraw Hill, etc.).
- Social media and mobile learning technology advocate to reinforce retention and learning outside the classroom.
Relevant Work History
Whitestone Academy and the American Pathways Program
Zhuhai No.1 & No.2 Schools, Zhuhai, China Fall 2015 to Present
- Teaching English as a Second Language and Social Studies (US and World History) to teenagers (secondary).
- Responsible for preparing all classroom worksheets, group projects, activities, lesson plans and curriculum.
Mobile Learning Consultant
Piedmo & Associates, Oakland, CA Feb 2014 to June 2014
- Consulting with organizations to increase their return on investment in classroom training as well guiding them to reinforce and augment learning after the students leave the classroom using technological solutions and strategy.
Senior Learning Consultant and Project Leader
Health Plan Institute, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, CA Jul 2007 to Dec 2013
- Project highlights: Classroom training materials for Insurance Underwriters, Rating Implications of the Financial Model and National Pricing System Rating Methodology Concepts (over 1500 pages of eLearning).
- Process improvement & methodologies (web-based training, storyboarding, project management, and design principles), social media learning advocate.
Lead Instructional Designer
Vitesse Learning, San Francisco, CA Dec 2004 to Feb 2007
- • Design and storyboard for eLearning courses for Fortune 500 companies in life sciences (Abbott, GlaxoSmithKline, etc.) and financial services (Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase).
- Project highlights: 50 eLearning lessons with project budgets ranging between 30K and 500K and scope or size between 30 minutes to 1.5 hours.
- Article (Cover Story): Speed, Computer User Magazine (formerly Computer Currents), April 1998
- Book: Greg Piedmo and Mike Sapien, Mastering ISDN, December 1996, ISBN: 7-5053-4200-7/TP·1879
Professional Development and Skills
- Chinese Language: Beginner, Dec 2014 to Present
- The Power of Scenario-Based Questions, Jan 2013
- Immersive Learning University, Jan 2013
- Six Boxes Practitioner, The Performance Thinking Network, May 2012
- Java Fundamentals, Sun University, Aug 2004
- Web Page Design Certificate (27 weeks), ROP Technology Center, July 2002
- French Language: Beginner, Two Semesters, May 1980
- Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator, Sound booth (now Audition)
- Java, OOP, and .NET fundamentals, Java Design Patterns
Professional Affiliations and Conferences
- International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI)
- The eLearning Guild
- mLearnCon 2013: Mobile Learning Conference & Expo, San Jose, CA
- NexLearn 2013: Immersive Learning Conference, San Antonio, TX
Interests and Experiences
- International Travel: China, France, Belize, Greece, Egypt, Israel, and Mexico
- Learning Chinese with native Chinese speakers via Skype
- Hobbies: Music, Biking, Hiking, and Kayaking
- computer science
- Educational Technology
- ESL Teaching