Relevant Skills and Knowledge
- Professional English teacher in Japan for 2 years of all ages including preschool, kindergarten, large elementary school classes, junior high, and adult students.
- Holds a working visa valid until April 2017
- Holds own native English lounge 2x per week, specializes in English conversation and games.
- Has wide vocabulary and a fundamental understanding of English grammar.
- Advanced computer skills. 90 wpm. Proficient with word, excel, powerpoint, photoshop.
- Experience living and working many different jobs around the world. Can speak conversational Japanese.
Nationality – American
Place of Birth – California, United States
Date of Birth – 1987
Age – 28
California State University – Sacramento, CA
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, June 2009
3.3 Cum GPA, Dean’s List Honors, All-Conference Academic Honors 2005-2009
2009 USTFFCA Division I Men’s All-Academic Track and Field Team
English Pocket – English Teacher – Hakodate, Hokkaido, Japan August 2014–Present
- Private School, teaching from age 3 to adult. Preschool, Kindergarten, Elementary, Junior High School, High School, and adult classes.
- Pocket International Preschool (PIP), makes up the majority of our lessons, and I have the amazing opportunity to spend most of my days with the greatest kids ever!
- We play games, fun activities, and dance along to music – all day, 5 days a week.
UFO Academy – English Teacher – Sabae-shi, Fukui-ken, Japan, April 2014—August 2014
- Assumed the role of an ALT: Teaching 15 different classes of Elementary and JHS students.
- Created trusting atmosphere through sensitivity to students’ strengths, weaknesses, and learning styles.
- Engaged students through humor and activities designed for maximum interaction.
- Taught in a way that was appropriate to students’ learning abilities and reflected their needs and interests.
- Achieved maximum results by breaking down seemingly large learning tasks into meaningful and manageable segments.
CSU Sacramento – English Tutor – Sacramento, CA, January 2012–January 2014
- English Teaching
- ESL Teaching